They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I don’t generally love eating breakfast. I’m not a morning person and I don’t wake up hungry. This is the most delish breakfast ever!! Its super simple and the perfect way to start your day!
- I use sweet potatoes because they are generally better for you than regular potatoes, but feel free to use regular potatoes instead.
- I served mine with a fried egg, but make yours #vegan by omitting it.
- I also served mine with an arugula salad, lightly dressed with lemon juice and olive oil (that’s how the French do it, eating salad with breakfast). This is not necessary but I like the acidity that helps cut the hash.
- The quality of your ingredients directly reflects the quality of a meal this simple!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes 2-3 servings
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/2 pack baby Bella mushrooms
- 1-2 leaves of kale
- about 10 grape tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Heat a large pan to medium heat with about a tablespoon of oil. Dice the sweet potato and the onion and add once the pan is hot. Let sit while you wash and slice the mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, then turn the heat up to medium-high and don’t touch! Let that veg get a little crispy. After about 3-5 minutes, give it a good stir and season with salt to draw out some moisture. Then add the tomatoes.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked, turn the heat down to low. Add more salt and pepper to taste along with the Italian seasoning. I like to give the tomatoes a lil smush so they’re easier to eat. Wash and cut the kale into bite sized pieces (keep in mind that the kale will shrink when it heats up, like spinach).
- Stir in the kale, allowing the heat of the other veg wilt it just slightly. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you make a fried egg to put on top. Slice an avocado and season it with lemon pepper if you have it.
And that’s the hash folks! I can’t wait to make this for breakfast tomorrow, I hope you guys give this one a try!!