Trick your brain when its craving a hearty sandwich by making this DELICIOUS meal with a meat substitute.
- This sandwich is brought to you by the Beyond Meat Hot Italian Sausage #notsponsored. Their entirely plant-based products taste like the real thing and really satisfy those cravings you might get every once in a while. Also it says they’re hot but they aren’t so good news if you hate spicy foods.
- I filled my sandwich with the classic peppers and onions accompaniment to sausages. I also added mushrooms cause yum, and tomatoes and spinach for freshness and because I had them. Make it your own! Add whatever veg tickles your fancy!
- There are sweet potato fries in the picture which I did make from scratch and was planning on including them in this recipe. However they didn’t turn out great so I’ll wait until I get them ~~perfect~~ before I share with y’all.
- Let’s get into it…
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes 1 serving
- 1 Beyond Meat Hot Italian Sausage
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 sweet red pepper
- 1/2 pack of white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Heat up a pan with the oil to medium heat. Slice the onion and pepper into strips and halve the mushrooms. Once the pan is hot, add the veggies.
- Sauté the veg until it starts to develop some color. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to draw out the remaining moisture. Stir every once in a while to keep it from burning.
- Once the veggies are about halfway done (to your liking), add the sausage to the same pan to brown the outside and heat through (one pan=fewer dishes=less work).
- While it’s cooking, toast some bread. Slice the tomato. Get ready to build your masterpiece.
- Once the sausage is ready take it out of the pan and slice it in half the long way. Add it to one half of the bread. Top with the peppers, onions, and mushroom mix. Next is the sliced tomato and some spinach leaves. Then spread some mustard on the other piece of toasted bread and top off that beautiful sandwich. Slice in half (diagonally, obviously).
And that, my friends, is all she wrote. I hope you guys give this one a try!!