Another pasta salad! Keep it simple with the limited ingredients available to you! This one is definitely best eaten fresh. As a kid I would remember going to parties with my parents and one of my favorite things to eat was this orzo pasta salad that someone always brought. This is my attempt at recreating that deliciousness that is so nostalgic for me.
- Orzo is what I chose to use but you can recreate this using most any small pasta shape!
- If you are going to make this ahead of time keep the vinaigrette separate until ready to serve.
- OLIVES would be so yummy in this I just forgot to pick them up whoops.
- Make it your own with any veggies you want to add!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 box of orzo pasta
- sun dried tomatoes
- fresh basil
- feta cheese
- balsamic vinaigrette
- Cook the orzo pasta according to package instructions. Make sure to salt the water so the pasta is seasoned. Drain the pasta and let cool completely before adding the other ingredients.
- Chop up the sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Add as much of the veggies you want into the salad (spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, olives etc.). Add feta and balsamic vinaigrette when ready to serve! I added a squeeze of lemon juice over mine also!
That’s it! It’s so easy and so quick to throw together! And so delicious with the weather starting to warm! I hope you guys give it a try!
My mom sent me the recipe for the orzo salad I remember so fondly! And I was ~pretty~ close. One helpful tip I wanted to share was to not add the fresh greens until you’re ready to serve, that way they don’t wilt in the fridge and get droopy. Otherwise I did good! So you can too!